Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let me try this again...I do have a SBT engine..!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Let me try this again...I do have a SBT engine..!!

Originally posted by txmudder
    Ok how dumb can I be....I know excatly what your talking bout and I thought that was what you were talking bout but I figured it was something on the motor.....so just take the 2 hose and get a connected and make it one is what your talking about......

You said you had to do this (fuel valve) ......was your problem the same as what I am having....??
    Yes.
    Not as extreme, but yes they are a common issue.

Comment

Originally posted by wetherby
      I'm curious, do you know if this ski has had the jetting update?
      What I mean by this is, in '01 the jetting was changed to eliminate the midrange bog, meaning the 70 jet was replaced with a 65 to lean it out.

This guy had a similar problem with his 00, check out the link and start from around post #61.
      http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.p...&highlight=slx
      I know the update is not my problem that has been tooking care of....good idea though....I'm liking this forum more and more....people who actually try to help you.....

So did you have the same problem I had before you bypassed the fuel valve..??

Comment

Yes.
        Not as extreme, but yes they are a common issue.
        Sorry you posted why I was posting...haha

Do you think it could be a jetting or screw setting messed up.....this just happened all of a sudden....could it be trash in the carbs....would carb cleaner in the gas help....??

Comment

Sorry to jack the thread, but......

Hey TS, what is the difference between the Polaris 1200 and the 1200 DI cranks? Are they the same, or indexed differently.

The reason I ask is I just bought a 10hrs Genesis I engine, and going to Carb it. The polaris chart has the same part number for both, but are less than forthcoming with the details.

Comment

Hey TS, what is the difference between the Polaris 1200 and the 1200 DI cranks? Are they the same, or indexed differently.

The reason I ask is I just bought a 10hrs Genesis I engine, and going to Carb it. The polaris chart has the same part number for both, but are less than forthcoming with the details.
            I really wish I could help you out on this but Jetskis are not my thing....now if we were talking 4wheelers it would be a different story...sorry I can't help you out....

Comment

Sorry you posted why I was posting...haha

Do you think it could be a jetting or screw setting messed up.....this just happened all of a sudden....could it be trash in the carbs....would carb cleaner in the gas help....??
              Don't use carb cleaner. The wrong mixture can cost you a rebuild kit.

If it happened all of the sudden, it's either the valve or trash in the screens.
              But if you cleaned the screens while rebuilding, it probably isn't the problem. I vote valve.

Also, inspect the plug tips, Are any white? caramel? or Black?

Comment

I really wish I could help you out on this but Jetskis are not my thing....now if we were talking 4wheelers it would be a different story...sorry I can't help you out....
                TS is Tech Support. Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

Don't use carb cleaner. The wrong mixture can cost you a rebuild kit.

If it happened all of the sudden, it's either the valve or trash in the screens.
                  But if you cleaned the screens while rebuilding, it probably isn't the problem. I vote valve.

Also, inspect the plug tips, Are any white? caramel? or Black?
                  Will have to check the plugs 2morrow and let you know and as far as the screens....what are you talking about there.....??? Cause I don't really remember any screen.....??? Could be the prob.....!!!

Comment

The screens are opposite the needle and seat on the metering/jet blocks.
                    If you pulled the blocks to clean out the jets, (and you should have), the screen is on the back side of the block and is about 1/4" in diameter.

Also, I encourage you to also frequent the pwctoday Polaris board. The guys there are excellent gear-heads, and far more knowledgable the me.

Comment

Well I'm gonna try the fuel valve and pray that is the problem.....cause I'm not gear-head at all.....cause I hate to have to pull the carbs bacl off......!! Thanks for all your help and I will keep you posted on what find out....!!

But see I didn't do a carb get on the jetski after looking further into it....this is what I changed.....KIT,NDLE VLVE,97DOM,NOT SL 1050 (1 Per Carb) because the rubber point at the ends were wore out so I know they needed to be replaced so I guess I need to do the opposite site correct.....that is where the jets are right.....??

Maybe you can point out what I need to look at....
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Technical Support; 06-22-2006, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Well gonna call it quits 2nite.....2morrow I will bypass the fuel valve and go from there.....!!!!

Comment

Go to PWCToday.com and go to the Forums section. In there you can get some help from alot of people, alot of them Polaris race boat builders and professional techs who have seen it all. You boat is running itself out of gas at high speed. You have a bad or weak fuel pump or a clogged internal or external fuel filter. You might have put something in the carb the wrong way too, I've done that and had issues as well. Electrical problems are usually a sudden kill and then a long tow in. If this is a tripple cylinder ski it should have 2 fuel pumps, one on the front carb and one on the rear, with the returns feeding the center carb and then back to the tank. Checking the plugs is a good idea, if you are leaning out bad at WOT you could harm the motor.

Comment

Yes they are the same...start your own thread from now on please.
                            SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
                            We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
                            Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by VaSuperjet
                              Go to PWCToday.com and go to the Forums section. In there you can get some help from alot of people, alot of them Polaris race boat builders and professional techs who have seen it all. You boat is running itself out of gas at high speed. You have a bad or weak fuel pump or a clogged internal or external fuel filter. You might have put something in the carb the wrong way too, I've done that and had issues as well. Electrical problems are usually a sudden kill and then a long tow in. If this is a tripple cylinder ski it should have 2 fuel pumps, one on the front carb and one on the rear, with the returns feeding the center carb and then back to the tank. Checking the plugs is a good idea, if you are leaning out bad at WOT you could harm the motor.
                              I just don't see how I could of put something in the wrong way on the carbs....all I changed was the needle valve...KIT,NDLE VLVE,97DOM,NOT SL 1050 (1 Per Carb) and that was pretty simple to put in....and I took my time on that....so I guess my question is.....the inner filters are they on the opposite site where the needle valves are.....because I'm thinking now that it may be trash in the filters....?? I know its not the external filter because I took it out yesterday to eliminate that......gonna try bypassing the fuel valve and if that don't work it looks like I'm gonna have to take the carbs off again....yippie....!!!

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmm...!! After doing more and more searching and reading....I'm starting to wonder if maybe it may be a jet screw that may be out of wack.....I've read that there is low end screws but is there high end screws.....??? Cause I'm not getting my top end so I'm thinking maybe I be running a little lean.....is there screws for the top end....?? If so what would the settings be...?? 1 and 3/4 turns....???

Comment

Working...
                                X