Mikuni Carb Rebuild Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mikuni Carb Rebuild Question

This week I received the kits from you for the rebuilding of my two carbs on the starboard engine. The rebuild went just fine and I found sand had clogged both small filters in the carbs plus the passageways were partially clogged. Also replaced the main filter and O-ring to ensure the particles would be stopped there.

However, after I got everything back together it seemed the fuel pump assembly on the Mag carb was leaking ever so slightly. Fortunately I was able to tighten the screws to stop the leak. My question is does the gasket material swell slightly to allow a seal. On the carb I had there was only the plastic (clear) diaphram and then a gasket which seemed very minimalistic for sealing purposes.

Or do you have a recommended tool which can fit in that tight spot to ensure the screws on the pump are tight enough although running the engine probably tightens them more as they were a pain to get loose.

The bottom line is the engine fired up in the driveway just fine and sounded better than it ever has. The true test is if I can get over 4500 RPM on the water.

Thanks,

Mase

Re: Mikuni Carb Rebuild Question

#1 you need to rebuild carbs on the bench, not on the ski. #2, you simply did not tighten the screws enough, and will develop a leak again if you tried to do so on the ski.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

The carbs were rebuilt on the Bench. I tightened the screws on the pump to stop the leak while the carbs were on the jet boat.

What are the pump screw size cause if I am going to take off the carb again I just want to replace with new screws.

Mase

Comment

I don't know what size they are, but any dealer has/can get them.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X