Engine fills with Oil on 93 Sea Doo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine fills with Oil on 93 Sea Doo

I installed a rebuild SBT engine in my 93 XP. The engine was installed a couple of years ago and and has run perfectly since installation. However, this spring when I pulled the SeaDoo out of storage, the motor was hydro locked with injection oil. I was finally able to get the motor running by cleaning the oil out of the engine and then the motor ran fine. A week later when I tried to start it, I found that once again the motor was hydro locked. It appears that the injection oil is filling the motor. Any ideas on what the problem is?

Re: Engine fills with Oil on 93 Sea Doo

That is caused by extended sotrage periods, and the oil in the tank breaching the inner crank seals. For extended storage of rotary shaft Sea-Doo engines I recommend draining the oil system.

To fix it you need to pull the engine and remove the bottom of the case. You may be able to simply put new sealer on the cases and around all the seals. If they are damaged you will need a new crank.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Re: Engine fills with Oil on 93 Sea Doo

I bought a SBT engine for my 95XP and had the same problem. I pulled the engine and pulled the lower half apart and found one of the crappiest grind jobs I have ever seen. No wonder the seals leaked. It looked like they tried to feel the gaps with silicone so that it get through the first year warranty.

Comment

Working...
      X