No announcement yet.

1100 triple Wave Venture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did the compression test the first two pistons read a little over 110 psi the last one where the noise was coming from read 60 psi so that means what?
    Greg

Comment

It means follow my previous answers.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I am having a dispute with another person he says it is probably the valves I say it is the rings. Are there any valves in the yamaha wave venture 1100 triple? If so how does it work? How many val\ves are there where are they and could that be the problem?
        Greg

Comment

Your buddy doesn't have a clue how a 2-stroke works. No valves.

Comment

Valves????

Comment

Dude.....60 psi on that cylinder, says it is shot....plane and simple

Comment

The rings were fine but the crank shaft where the piston shaft connect inbetween there the is a bearing or a spacer kinda thing it was missing causeing the nosie i heard but the rings got pushed into the cylinder which caused the low compression now what is the best way to take teh crank shaft apart and should i replace all the bearings or spacers what ever that is between the piston shaft and the crank shaft?
                Greg

Comment

You can't take the crank apart unless you happen to be a crank shop. You need a new crank if you are going to do it yourself. We have the crank for $375, the whole engine for $899.

Comment

Why can't I take the crank Apart and fix the little bushing or bearing the doesn't work I almost have it all apart. Could it be a lose screw that all it needs is tightening?
                    Greg

Comment

Oh you can press it apart...good luck getting it back together in phase and true!

Comment

what do you mean in phase and true?
                        Greg

Comment

Look, no offence, but if you have to ask, you cannot build a crank.

In phase meaning the webs are 120 deg. apart from one another, true meaning runout is around 0.002" on the ends.

It takes veru special equipment and talented people to make a crank correctly.

Comment

no ofense taken I am still learning all the things about this type of engine I know a lot about it from recent experience but not all . Whould a manufacturer sell me the seperate parts for the crak or would they make me buy the whole thing? Also one last thing how do I take the pistone heads off the rods?
                            Greg

Comment

You have to buy the whole crank.

http://216.37.204.203/yamaha_OEM/Yam...pe=13&A=58&B=4

You need a crank and a top end rebuild. Buying a rebuilt engine is the cheapest way to fix it.

[ August 01, 2003, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: 99gp1200 ]

Comment

I have a professional mechanic in the family that is gonna rebuild my crank shaft. Do you know where I could pick up that part between the rod and the shaft. Didn't you say you had a crank shaft for me for like 375. will it fit in my wave runner thoughit is a 1997 wave Venture 1100 triple
                                Greg

Comment

Working...
                                X