No announcement yet.

1100 triple Wave Venture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there pistons attached to the rod that come with the crank or do I ahve to use the old ones? I think I can put it back together myself but if there is any catch that i must know about I would really apreciate it if you let me know? But just in case what would it cost for me to send it to you to rebuild the engine with the new crank?
    Greg

Comment

If there not shot, use the old ones.

Cranks don't come with pistons unless you ask for them and pay for them. And if you decide to use the old ones, i would at least put new rings on.

If it were my ski, i would be doing a top end job also.

No offense, but you seem to have no clue on engines, you might be better off taking it to a proffesional. I would just hate to see you get it back together and it not work.

[ August 04, 2003, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: stevepaulus ]

Comment

I feel I know a lot more about engines then you do 1100 and I decided I was best not to try to rebuild it. I bought an engine from SBT. For a 701, a rebuild I figure was going to cost be $600-$650 plus shipping to do it myself. The SBT cost $699 plus shipping. Hasn't arrived yet (Tuesday or Wednesday--I'm very anxious) so I can't tell you all the details of putting one in. I will tell that that after taking the eninge out and stripping it down, I feel almost comfortable enought to do a rebuild. After I install it, break it in, and if all works well, then I think I will be ready for a rebuild. Good luck in what ever you do.
        93 701 Blaster<br />96 760 Raider<br />68 289 Bronco

Comment

I need to ask two questions does you crank shaft come with new oil seals and what would be the best time and day to call the company so that I can order this part? thank you all for all your information and input it has helped me out a great deal I would also apreciate it if any one else could give me any tips on putting it back together or break in or anything that you think is crushal to this engine surviving and having a long life I would greatly apreciate it. Thanks again.
          Greg

Comment

I have one last question in the short block what is included with that like gaskets and what else?
            Greg

Comment

It's just the shortblock, gaskets are available separately, it's all in the catalog, Products on your left.
              SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
              We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
              Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I answered your other questions in your email before I saw this post.
                SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
                We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
                Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

OMG dude.. RTFM (read the f**kin manual) before you get on here askin all those questions. They are valid but you've lot all respect...hell, capt toyota got so tired of this he offered to BUILD IT FOR YOU.

Bryan you have the patience of Job.

Dude now that you have the answers go buy the parts and index your crank , put it together, hit the throttle, have a leak in your case(did u do a leak down???), send a rod thru the case, and THEN buy a new engine for 2000 cuz SBT aint sellin you a 900 dollar engine if yours has a broken case.

**** . ok so now i've lost all respect.

i don't mind, it was worth it. :D
                  97 venture11/1200, 01gp12r stage1, 02F12X
                  dav_dman@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...
                  X