1100 triple Wave Venture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1100 triple Wave Venture

I have a 1997 Wave Venture 1100 Triple and when I start it up i hear a low buzzing type of noise in the last cylinder at first I thought it was in the exhaust but the noise is in the back cylinder . The noise increase as the rpm's increase and eventually when I get them high enough the engine starts to fail and it boggs for a second or two and then it will stall out and it will take about a minute to two minutes to get running again and the noise is still there I really am stumped on this one I would really aprecialte any information or procedures to fix this Problem. How much money do you think I am looking at for a new engine. My Engine has less then 10 hours of wear but it has been sitting most of its time scince 1997. Do you think te damage is in the crank shaft or in the piston? Does it have valves? Where is the starter located? If you can give me an I dea where to look I usually do my own maintance I think I could take care of it if I had some instruction on does and don't I would greatly apreciate your input on these subjects. Thank you for you time.
    Greg

You need to pull the seat and look at the pistons. Thtt should be something you do after every ride, not after years. Sounds to me like you have major motor damage, but without hearing it I don't know.

Wish you the best!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Texas Team Yamaha<br />#519 Novice <br />Region 5<br /><br /><a href="http://texasteamyamaha.com" target="_blank">Texas Team Yamaha</a>

Comment

Thank you for responding. I wonder could it be the rings in the last pistonwhat kind of sound would be made with a bad or broken ring? Let me know.
      Greg

Comment

I have never heard of a buzzing noise coming from a cylinder........do a compression test to rule out the engine.......but i bet your hearing something electrical.

If it's a broken ring, you will have blow by....check the plug on that cylinder to see if it's different looking than the others

[ July 30, 2003, 10:01 PM: Message edited by: stevepaulus ]

Comment

I hear the nosie by the back piston and the exhaust and it kinda looks like it gives off an abnormal shak it only happens when i reve it what kind of electrical could I be looking at?
          Greg

Comment

Is it possible fortwo out of the three pistons to fire and one not because of an electrical problem and if there was an electrical problem would the piston hitting the spark plug without it fireing would it cause a nosie like a buzzing or any kinda noise?
            Greg

Comment

I hate to say this, but i think your engine is seizing up. It has been sitting since 1997. Have you done any maintanence...like fogging the engine?

Easy way to find if all are giving out spark.

Take the plugs out and put them in the boots, and lay them on the motor.....verify spark on all three...NOTE, make sure no gas or gas fumes are present

[ July 31, 2003, 02:31 AM: Message edited by: stevepaulus ]

Comment

BTW suzan....who peaks at ther pistons after every ride? Not me. Must be a racing thing, huh?

Comment

I'm not aware of any PWC where you can see the pistons by removing the just the seat.

[ July 31, 2003, 07:19 AM: Message edited by: 99gp1200 ]

Comment

Do a compresion test and do not run it until you do so.
                    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
                    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
                    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

At the time you hear the noise go and push pull and varios items to see if anything is loose or if the noise gets worse or goes away. I found the coupler guard loose and made a weird noise. Check the hoses going to the water box. Check all suction/vaccum hoses a pin hole on a vaccum line makes a hissing noise. [img]/graemlins/winkanim.gif[/img]

Comment

The Spark plugs are fireing but on the piston I hear the noise coming from I noticed the the spark plug arm where the spark comes from was bent into the spark plug itself could it be something inside the piston the is lose causeing the piston to go past top dead center? Also the fuel line i can'r get the fuel filter filled with gas I took it out and blew air into the line at first I could not get any in now I can get a decent amount in what do you think is wrong do I need to prime the fuel line?
                        Greg

Comment

What you need to do is pull the engine, because something has already come apart - only debris closes spark plugs.

Comment

After I pull the engine what should I do? Should I pull the block from the pistons and inspect them
                            Greg

Comment

Exactly.

Comment

Working...
                              X