water in engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water in engine

I just got a new engine from SBT and the engine flooded with water the first time i started it, because the water was running into it before it started . long story short, i got all of the water out of the engine (i think) and it ran just fine after it was all cleared out, it hasnt been ridden yet, is there anything i should check to make sure of before i use it or should i be fine? also did i mess anything in my engine up by doing this?
    thanks
    -Nick

Re: water in engine

Never run the water without the engine running. Water will damage the engine, especially since it was not broken in yet. We would be glad to exchange it for you now, or you can ride it and do it later.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

so basically i am screwed and i am gonna have to take out the engine and start all over again? or is there a chance that it will actually be okay? especially with the water being cleared out right away and me running it afterwards, then hooking it up to a hose and it not flooding anymore. just what kind of damage does it do to the motor?

Comment

The point of break-in is to let the parts wear in gently, and get a good seal between the rings and sleeves. Water does damage to all that, and it will never be as good as it should have been. es I would suggest swapping it out again. It's covered under warranty 877-330-0231
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X