This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 Yamaha will not start (no spark)

I have a 1993 yamaha waverunner. I dont know the exact model unless someone could tell me where to look. My problem is I have no spark. The other day I had it out and it just shut off while riding. It started back up the ran for about 2 min then shut off again. After that it would not start. I pulled the plug and they are good but no spark. Last summer it was doing that and it turned out the computer was getting hot and melted some wires. All that was fixed and I took it about and everything looks good.

I dont know much about these but is there a coil or something that can go bad like in a truck or what? PLEASE HELP!!!

Re: 1993 Yamaha will not start (no spark)

Come on now !

Are we forgetting the basics here?
    First just looking at wires will tell you nothing of there condition.
    I recently had the same problem on a 1991 WR. it turned out to
    be a faulty kill switch (lanyard). If you know how to use a multi-
    meter it will save you a lot of time and money. And since you
    have had elec. problems you need to check all wires for resistance....

Good luck:emoticonn
    Originally posted by Bigred350
    I have a 1993 yamaha waverunner. I dont know the exact model unless someone could tell me where to look. My problem is I have no spark. The other day I had it out and it just shut off while riding. It started back up the ran for about 2 min then shut off again. After that it would not start. I pulled the plug and they are good but no spark. Last summer it was doing that and it turned out the computer was getting hot and melted some wires. All that was fixed and I took it about and everything looks good.

I dont know much about these but is there a coil or something that can go bad like in a truck or what? PLEASE HELP!!!

Comment

Re: 1993 Yamaha will not start (no spark)

The SBT Forums are for SBT Product Support ONLY. For all general PWC support/discussion, please post on www.pwctoday.com.

Thank you - SBT Mgt.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
      X