New SBT 657x engine installation problems and satisfactions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New SBT 657x engine installation problems and satisfactions

I have been trying to install my new short block 657x engine from SBT in my 94 XP and have been running into a few problems. First, the gasket installation kit only came with one carb base gasket instead of two like the picture shows. Second, the intake manifold gasket does not fit because the area for the gasket is recessed only around the edges in the triangle shape. It does not have any recessed areas for the interior circle gaskets. I placed my order with a very nice sales woman who helped me with all the parts that I needed to order. This included 2 sets of the carb rebuild kit since I have dual carbs. The kit I ordered was the external gasket kit for the 657x, part #41-104. However, the package that I received said 650 installation kit. So my questions are as follows:

1. Did I receive the correct kit?

2. Is it possible that the kit was just packed or labeled wrong?

3. Do I just need to cut the intake manifold gasket to make it work?

4. Would you suggest buying gasket material from an autoparts store and cutting my own carb base gasket? Or should I just call to make sure that I receive the corrects parts?

I would rather get the parts from SBT since everything else I have gotten has been through SBT. I am trying to install this engine ASAP and I have already ran into difficulty when one part I ordered was delivered on Monday instead of the delivery date of Friday. This was a little irritating because I was expecting to work on the engine over the weekend. However, the situation was handled appropriately by SBT as I was satisfied with the results. Please don't take this post as a bashing against SBT as the technicians and sales woman have been very helpful and professional. I am just trying to help others who may have had the same problems, as well as trying to help SBT recognize areas that may need to be improved or clarified. I would highly recommend SBT for their customer satisfaction alone. Many friends I have been talking to about SBT have been impressed with the amount of instructional material they provide online as well as over the phone. Once I get the engine installed and running I am positive that I will be satisfied with their product just as much! Thanks, look forward to your response.

Re: New SBT 657x engine installation problems and satisfactions

I appologize for the sales/shipping errors. You did indeed get the wrong kit, and I will have one overnighted to you for Friday delivery!
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X