New sbt engine bogs down afer warming up at high rpms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New sbt engine bogs down afer warming up at high rpms

First of all Kudos to the SBT team for a job well done. Delivered the engine next day! Incredible. Well to the problem...engines starts and runs great. I can cruise around and I did all the proper break-in procedures. Im on the second tank of gas and as soon as the engine warms up and I try to go over 3500rpm the engine seems to miss and will hesitate and not want to go. I tried putting choke on and it doesnt help. I have tried checking all connections and everything seems ok. Any suggestions??

Re: New sbt engine bogs down afer warming up at high rpms

That is usually ignition related. I would first suggest unscrewing the boot connections from the spark plug wires, snipping the wires back 1/4" and screwing the boots back on for fresh connections.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Ok so I just went outside and pulled the plugs out and removed the wires. The first cylinder seemed ok but I snipped it back a 1/4" anyways. Now the second one I was very suprised. I had to cut back almost 1/2" to reach new wire!! Thankfully my wires were long enough to reach after being cut. I will go out on them tomorrow and hopefully this helped my situation. I wonder if this is what was really messing me up??

Comment

Took it out on the water and still got the bogg down wgen it got warm. I can take it to 3000rpm max and then from there it just stutters and boggs down. Any ideas?

Comment

any ideas???

Comment

Once it begin to bog, try removing one spark plug wire at a time, and see which one does not have further effect - I think you have a bad coil or wire.

Comment

I did that and its definetely the cylinder torwards the back. Should I just replace the coil and wires?? Are they expensive?

Comment

They aren't too bad, but are dealer-only.

Comment

I was thinking of going ahead and buying the coil and also maybe a crab rebuild kit? WHat do you think of that. Or should i just try and change the coil first? Really appreciate the help btw!

Comment

I always recommend doing one thing at a time.

Comment

Ok sounds like a plan. Im off to the dealer now and Im probly gonna buy the rebuild kit also just to have. I might want to rebuild at a later date anyways. Ill let you know what happens.

Comment

Working...
                      X