? Carb kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? Carb kit

I have a 96 Sea doo Challenger, with a 787 rotax. I ordered a kit from SBT, but I believe I ordered the wrong one. I ordered the Mikuni BN carb kit, but the gaskets are round, and My carb is square. I ordered this one because the sea doo shop book says I have a Mikuni BN 401 carb. Do you have the correct kit? If I exchange the one I just got today is there going to be a 10% restocking fee? What else should I order when I rebuild the carbs?
    Thanks in advance for your help,
    James

Re: ? Carb kit

Yes, you need the SBN kit. The model designation of the carb does not necessarily correlate to the rebuild kit name you need for a carb.

Yes there would be a 10% restock fee, yes we have the SBN kits, they are $35 ea.

When rebuilding carbs it's always a good idea to also check your pop-off pressure with a po-off pressure gauge. If you do not have one I highly recommend replacing your needle & seats along with the rebuild. If you don't do either and they are sticking/leaking, you'll just be back where you started from and need them anyway. They are about $20 ea. from a dealer, and a guage is about $50 from a dealer.

Please read the carb rebuild guide in the tech section for more info - there are also videos in the video section.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Do you carry the needle and seat? How much will they be? Should I also order the intake gasket set, or does the carb kit come with the carb to intake gasket?

Comment

Yes you will need gaskets if you don't already have them. No, needle & seats are dealer only, sorry.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X