SBT Engine Alignment Tool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBT Engine Alignment Tool?

Ok I have worked on some Seadoos for about a year done a couple of motor jobs. I was wondering what the Engine Alignment tool does? Right i Know that aligns the engine, but with the jet pump? and why do you need to use it? If you remove the engine mounts from the hull or when you short block with the mounts left in? I am sure all motors are diffrent but that diffrent that everyone needs aligned?
    Thanks for you Help
    Ivon

Re: SBT Engine Alignment Tool?

Ok after searching alittle, it is clear to me that many people dont know about the alignment. It seems like some do, But another question is that What happens if you dont align a new motor? Does it wear the bearings out in the pump? the driveshaft seal? just vibrates like crazy with an aweful noise?

Ok I am not gonna hide it i am work at a shop that works on Seadoos! I am the only guy who works on them, when i started there was a guy who has worked on them for some time not sure how long, just knew he work on them for awhile. Well needless to say he QUIT and started his own shop Now leaving me to fend. I am trying to learn all about what i need to know! We just ordered all the videos from Seadoo so i can become certified but i havent gotten them yet. I also need to figure out how to take the test if anyone knows that would be a great help too!
    Thanks again for any help you guys can give me!
    Ivon

Comment

The alignment tool makes sure the driveshaft is properly aligned with the engine. Because Sea-Doo uses a splined shaft directly intothe impeller and PTO coupler, it's critical this be correct, or the splines will strip, or in extreme cases, damage the rear crank bearings.

WHenever you change the motor mounts or swap for a different case, the alignment should always be checked, as there are case variations from the factory.

Unfortunatly many people simply eyeball the connection, and risk damage to the components. When in doubt, follow the OEM procedures, such as using the tool :)
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

You can buy them at Home Depot if you know what I mean ;)

Comment

You can buy what at homedepot ?

I recently put in a new (rebuilt) sbt engine , and I didi not align it , it seems ok.

A sea doo mechanic told me that if I leave the mount in the hull mounted and r and r just the engine that it will be ok .And I think he's right . I had it out last week end and it runs great ..
          But then again . your a sea doo mechanic . You should be doing it the 100% right way .
          I'm just an electrician .NYC.
          good luck:emoticonb

Comment

Working...
          X