This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 xp cylinder problem

i recently bought a 97 xp in which the motor wouldnt run. bad compression in cylinder 2. last weekend i took the top end apart and found that it had been scorched pretty bad. i want to get it running with as little money as possible (like everyone else), will probably sell at end of summer. heres my question the walls of the cylinder 2 are scratched badly. should i have them machined if it can be machined or can i put new sleeves in them( i cant seem to get them out)? either way i go im going to do it to both cylinders. the #1 cylinder seems in goo shape. im planning to buy a top end rebuild kit to see if that will do the trick. also i need to find the reason for the 2nd cylinder going bad dont want it to happen again. my guess no oil to it, is there any way to check if the oil pump is good. like i said the 1st cylinder looked good with few small burns on top but thats normal right. any other reasons why that one would give out?
    THANKS

Re: 97 xp cylinder problem

The SBT Forums are for SBT Product Support ONLY. For all general PWC support/discussion, please post on www.pwctoday.com.

Thank you - SBT Mgt.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X