SBT carb rebuild kit 2002 Freedom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBT carb rebuild kit 2002 Freedom

I ordered and expect delivery of an SBT rebuild kit for my 2002 Polaris Freedom and a new SBT 700 motor tomorrow. Two questions prior to reassembly:
    1. In a previous post, the 02 Freedom was said to have a Keihin LE carb and that SBT did not make it (dealer only and its not listed in your online product guide). Your sales person said you now sell the LE carb rebuild kit so I bought it. Before I break down the carb and rebuild it I just want verification you do make the LE rebuild kit.

2. When I pulled the pump and 700 engine the shaft comes out per your instructions. No where in the instructions does it talk about realignment of the pump, shaft and engine. How do I align this so the motor is not misaligned when I put it back together. The mounting brackets on the 2002 freedom are slotted for movement.

thanks in advance
    order #471476

Re: SBT carb rebuild kit 2002 Freedom

It's not called an LE Carb, it's a CDK2 and yes we have it. Polaris does not require realignment, you just eyeball it.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Technical Support
      Polaris does not require realignment, you just eyeball it.
      Then why do they sell, and use, an alignment tool. When I installed my engine last year I did not use an alignment tool, I simply eyeballed it as you stated. So far it seems to be fine. However, there are two reasons I did that:
      1) The local shop is a bunch of bozos that I wouldn't trust for anything nowdays

2) The cheapest place I found the tool was $150 and that's some serious coin for a one-time use tool. At least I hope this is that last time I have to install an engine in this ski

So, is it required? Not necessarily. Is aligning an engine with the proper tool the correct way to do things? Most definitely yes.

KJ

Comment

Tech already said that it is not required. And you already installed your motor without it, and all is well. So why ask the same question? Of corse it is better to use it but just not required.

Comment

does anyone know where i can buy a rebuilt motor for a 2002 polaris freedom 700?

i'm in dire need of one

Comment

Polaris watercraft with the large coupler are much more forgiving than most other watercraft couplers. if it was the early style all steel coupler then yes check alignment.
            SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
            We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
            Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

The polaris manual states that the virage/freedom needs a Keihin 40mm LE Carburetor rebuilt kit. Where the other models require a CDK. There most be some kind of difference between the two? Can anyone shed some light? There are some websites that have the two difference kits. I just rebuilt my Keihin carb with an SBT rebuilt CDK kit and found some problems with the mid to low end. I'm sure it's not the kit but I'm curious to know the differences. My problem is the ski wants to stall when planning off. If I can manage to get it above 3k, then the thing takes off...

--Pop off pressure is 20 PSI
              --Starts easy and idles nice
              --Top end is great (around 53 mph)
              --Low speed screw is right around 1-3/4 turns
              Last edited by sirdave4; 07-26-2009, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X