X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standard VS. Premium?????

I am interested to learn more about the difference between:
    Standard Vs. Premium engines

My question is, is there any difference between the actual engine or components???? Or is it simply the warranty difference? I am thinking it is only the WARRANTY difference.

I already understand that they come with a 2 year warranty over a 1 year warranty. Also, that they come with the install gaskets, the sealant kit, etc.

Thanks

Re: Standard VS. Premium?????

It's not a Premium Engine, it's a Premium Package. The engines are the same. The differences are exactly as you mentioned. It's detailed here: http://www.sbtontheweb.com/Merchant2...egory_Code=P40
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

That's what I figured.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Comment

I was reading the descriptions of the 1200 PV engines for sale at SBT and the premium package says it includes "powervalve assemblies" but the description for the standard engine says nothing about including powervalve assemblies.

Comment

I'll fix the typo, thanks. Both include them.

Comment

Thanks. I do have one more question. I'm replacing my blown engine this month with a reman 1200 PV from SBT. My case has cracks below the intake at the mating surfaces where the rod tried to come out. If SBT determines the case is "totalled", do you know how much more will it cost me for the engine?

Comment

Yes - as described in the Additional Charges link off any of our site pages: http://shopsbt.com/program.htm#addcharges

It's $515 to replace the case with mating surface damage.

Comment

Adm, I see you closed my other thread, so I could not reply to your comments. I guess that means if someone has a concern or complaint about SBT, you just close the thread. I really don't care. My thread "My 1st trip to SBT not good", was to comment on the customer service, which I thought was poor. Sure, I'm not happy about the $2300 SBT wants me to pay for an engine, but that was not the point of the thread. You commented that I was already advised of the core damage charges. I'm not going to take your word bud, or any body elses word, on the "possible" costs of my core damage. I needed someone to actually look at it. Is that okay? The thread is also providing information to anyone else out there that may have cracks at the mating surfaces of their cases, and what they can expect to pay.

Comment

Working...
                X