Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should you be able to idle a 1998 Polaris SLTX Jet Ski?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should you be able to idle a 1998 Polaris SLTX Jet Ski?

I am sure the title of this thread sounds like a dumb question, but it is an honest one. I just bought a 1998 Polaris SLTX. The previous owner told me that the Polaris brand of jet ski are not made to idle. We took it out on the water this weekend and had a hard time keeping it running if the RPM's were under 3400. I don't think the battery was fully charged as it was reading between 12.5 and 14.5 most of the time, and I think it should be close to 19 (it has a 12 volt 19 AMP battery.) The problem I have is that in a no wake zone, I got some dirty looks from people while trying to keep the ski at 3400 RPM. Once we were out on the open water, we had no problems going fast or starting it up if we killed it for whatever reason. Anyone have any ideas on this, or can you shed any light on what might be the problem here?

Also, is it ok to run the ski motor while its on the trailer, out of the water?

Thanks for the help!
    bhultquist

Re: Should you be able to idle a 1998 Polaris SLTX Jet Ski?

The SBT Forums are for SBT Product Support ONLY. For all general PWC support/discussion, please post on www.pwctoday.com.

Thank you - SBT Mgt.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X