This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dies in the water --- 587 seadoo engine swap

The engine blew in my 92 GTX, (white 587) and I replaced it with an earlier yellow 587.

The motor runs like a top out of the water but on our "maiden voyage" she dies immediately when put in the water. Apparently I have some type of back pressure in the exhaust sytem. This yellow 587 motor has a different circulation pattern than the white engine and also has an additional coolant chamber in the crankcase/cylinder area. I did the best to consolidate the plumbing in the engine swap however, something must be screwed up.

I bench tested the engine with a coolant "inlet" coming into the block and also to the forward top end of the exhaust header, (water injection inlet?). The exhaust/hull elbow is fed by the return at the cylinder head as well as the crankcase drain hose. The engine and exhaust ran nice and cool and air /water bleeders purged correctly from the top of the manifolds. I must be missing some type of vent that is causing exhaust back pressure?

I appreciate anyones help and suggestions.

Re: Dies in the water --- 587 seadoo engine swap

The SBT Forums are for SBT Product Support ONLY. For all general PWC support/discussion, please post on www.pwctoday.com.

Thank you - SBT Mgt.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X