Seadoo 717 SBT Engine with Poor Bottem End

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seadoo 717 SBT Engine with Poor Bottem End

I recently installed a SBT 717 engine in my 1999 GTI. Everything seems to work great however, it seems to have poor low end response(take off). It has adequate throttle response when on plane but has a hard time getting to plane as quick as it did before. Any pointers on where to look first to trouble shoot? Carb Adjustment? Throttle adjustment?

Thanks

Re: Seadoo 717 SBT Engine with Poor Bottem End

Make sure your carb screws are adjusted correctly. Lows out 1 1/4 turns, highs 0 turns. If the rotary valve was slightly mistimed that would also cause that.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Did you make sure that the stator was lined up correctly? There are little notches that need to be lined up. Unfortunately, this was not in the instructions for engine assembly and I did not have them lined up. I had poor response down low as well. I just fixed this problem tonight and have not had it out on the water yet. Just my thoughts, could be carbs as well.

Comment

This thread has pics fo that: http://server1.sbtontheweb.com/forum...7368#post17368

Comment

Did that fix the problem? I adjusted the carb with no results. The shop manual does speak to timing adjustment via the stator, but I do not see the marks on mine. Which bolt location on the stator is it found?
          Originally posted by mstr54
          Did you make sure that the stator was lined up correctly? There are little notches that need to be lined up. Unfortunately, this was not in the instructions for engine assembly and I did not have them lined up. I had poor response down low as well. I just fixed this problem tonight and have not had it out on the water yet. Just my thoughts, could be carbs as well.

Comment

If you would click the link provided, you would see very clear pictures.

Comment

I am still curious if that solved the problem?

Comment

Working...
              X