Break-in procedure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Break-in procedure

Finishing up my 99 GP1200 install, I have probably 12 gallons of gas in the tank. I am switching from injection to premix and have a bottle of break-in oil. The break-in oil is a quart which is good for 8 gallons at 32:1. Do I add yamalube to equal out to 32:1, or take out the excess fuel? My premix should normally 50:1, I believe which is good for my second tank correct. I do not believe i should mix to 50:1 then add the break-in oil to that. Thanks Chris

Re: Break-in procedure

You need to empty the tank as much as possible and mix the first tank 32:1 total. The break-in quart is good for 8 of those gallons, for the remainder of the tank use your regular oil. Make sure you get the pre-mixed fuel to the carbs before running.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

So I have the same engine that I am swapping out and a little underwhelmed by the documentation that comes with the motor for break-in. Received SBT break-in oil, enough for 8 gallons. Is 8 gallons the amount of gas that needs to run through the motor for break-in and then I switch back to 50:1 premix?

Also, what is the recommend method of making sure that the carbs have been primed with premix? I drained all the lines when I rebuilt the carbs.

Comment

Your Owners Manual, in the back lists all our Tech Articles, and gives links right to them, if you didn't look through our site already to find them.

Here is break-in:
        http://www.sbtontheweb.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13960

Here is pre-mix insutructions: http://www.sbtontheweb.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13962

The back of the break-in oil bottle explains the ratios and use. It says when going premix, the first tank ratio is 32:1. That means that quart is good for 8 gallon of fuel. For the rest of your tank use your regular oil to make up the difference.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X