Sea Doo 951 pricing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sea Doo 951 pricing?

First let me say thanks for the cool T shirt. I have just purchased a '99 XPL and am contemplating an extended warranty, versus the price of one of your (knmown high quality) engines. I notice that there is a large gap in the pricing between Sea Doo 800 and 951 (you call them 947) engines, as well as between say a 1200 Yamaha (reed valved triple) and the Sea Doo 951.

Is this due to higher demand for the 951 at this time, extra steps necessary with the 951, etc., and do you see the price coming down in a year or so? Thanks.

Thank you for the compliment, and we hope you enjoy the shirt, and continue to enjoy the site!

Our prices always reflect changing market costs, including product demand, amortization cost of new tooling, raw material cost to maintain a new inventory, etc. Late model engines will always be more expensive than early model. 4 years from now, the 951 will be down where the Kawasaki 440 is today, and some new ultra-super-2200 will be the high-dollar demand leading product. While the 951 price will certainly come down, we are not making any concrete predictions as to when at this time.

Comment

Working...
    X