Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

" Why is a 98 Yamaha Waveventure showing too hot?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• " Why is a 98 Yamaha Waveventure showing too hot?

Hi, I have a 98 Yamaha Waveventure 1100. It runs great about 60mph, the problem is that when I run it for about 5-10 minutes the triangle above the temp symbol will flash and the engine will start to sound raspy and loose some power. Checking the left side pisser hose i found a clog of weeds right at the port through the wall. Thinking that that was the problem i took it out again and the same thing happens after about 5-10 minutes and the side port IS shooting water out. What could cause this? Is there a water filter somewhere? And what is the plastic elbow that is in the small hose in the back compartment for? Is that a filter? (Looks sort of like the kids rubber toys that fart when you blow through them, that is a small piece of rubber hose that is a slit at one end. On the wxterior of the elbow there is also a arrow indicator) all this seems to be fine however. This is the first pwc I've had and this is really perplexing to me. PLEASE ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD REALLY BE APPRIECIATED!)

Re: " Why is a 98 Yamaha Waveventure showing too hot?

There is no such thing as a 1998 WaveVenture 1100, 1997 was the last year for it. It goes no where near 60, tops out at about 53.

You need to flush your ski after each time you ride it - you have a clog. Click Streaming Videos at the site listed below and watch the Ride Right Videos, there is a lot of info for newbiews.

This forum is only for SBT Product support, please post there for all other topics.

www.pwctoday.com
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X