97 GTX loss of low end and top end power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 GTX loss of low end and top end power

I bought a 97 gtx from a dealership and blew the motor in four hours. The dealership put a new motor in from SBT (at my expence) and after the 10 hour break in preiod I learned that it would not go over 45mph when the old motor ran at 53mph. The dealership said that it might be related to my pump so I put a new scat track prop, wear ring, bearings and shaft in it and it did not change a thing. The ski has been in the dealership on and off all summer and the power is getting weaker. It now only goes 28 mph unless you hit a wave and get the rpms up then it will do 45mph. The dealership put in a new retifier and said it runs fine but when I put it in the lake it was doing the exact same thing. It is back in the dealership again for the 13th time. They said that they checked the coils and adjusted the carbs before and they just cant get it to run properly. It was also missing pretty bad on bottom end and took about 100 feet just to get on plane. I am at a loss and I believe the dealership doesnt know what they are doing. Please help. I also checked the compression and both cylinders were at exactly 140. Thanks.

Re: 97 GTX loss of low end and top end power

Honestly the most probable way for you to get it fixed is to seek a better dealer, this one obviously can't do it for you. If you are capable of fixing things yourself we can give you some suggestions, but we can't guess without you providing the dta and feedback we need. Let me know if you want to takle it yourself.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X