This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SeaDoo Challenger pulling skiier

I just purchased a 2006 SeaDoo challenger with the 215HP engine and a wake tower. I spent one month breaking the engine in as described in the owners manual and did not attempt to pull anything behind the boat until it the engine was broke in and serviced by a SeaDoo dealer for the 10 hour service.

I told the dealer when I bought the boat that I wanted something that would pull a slalom skiier up who weighted about 280 lbs. They told me the challenger would do it with no problems.

Not only could I not get a slalom skiier up but I could not even get him up when he was using two skiis. When I floor it to get the skiier up the RPM's go over 8000. This does not seem right to me. It just drug the skiier until he could not hold on any longer but the boat was not gaining any speed at all.

We only had 3 people in the boat at the time, including the driver. Does this seem right? Is there something wrong with the engine that I have? Did the dealer mislead me about what the challenger can do? It just does not seem to have much power. I have a 1996 SeaDoo XP that can pull this same person up on one ski.

I am trying to get as much information as I can before I go back to the dealer. Thanks!!

Re: SeaDoo Challenger pulling skiier

The SBT Forums are for SBT Product Support ONLY. For all general PWC support/discussion, please post on www.pwctoday.com.

Thank you - SBT Mgt.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X