Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speedster new engine alignment question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedster new engine alignment question.

Hi,

I'm finishing the installation of a new LH motor in a '98 Speedster. I have an alignment tool. I also watched SBT's video on the alignment procedure.

The alignment shaft doesn't seem to align laterally with the flywheel (vertical alignment is OK). It is only off by about 1/16th inch. I tried briefly a couple combinations of shims with no luck. I can push the motor into the correct position but it springs back. The alignment shaft itself seems to turn out by almost 1/16th of an inch also--it is not perfectly straight.

The shop manual and the video suggest that the alignment should be perfect. I don't know if the previous engine was aligned perfectly or not. Is there an acceptable level of deviation in alignment?

Any tips on getting the motor to align laterally? The motor mounts look OK--they're not cracked or anything.

Re: Speedster new engine alignment question.

If you see a wobble in the shaft as you spin it, it's damaged - please call in to warranty and we will get you a new one ASAP. Yes it needs to be perfect.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X