Yamaha 4-Stroke Winterizing Steps!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 4-Stroke Winterizing Steps!

Could someone please post the correct steps for winterizing an '06 VX 110? A video would be awesome! Both the owner's manual and service manual are very vague. I live in Columbus, GA where it doesn't get that cold for an extended period, so I'm even wondering if I should winterize my ski since it stays garaged.

Thanks for the VX 110 oil change post and video! That made the task very simple!:emoticont

Re: Yamaha 4-Stroke Winterizing Steps!

There's no special procedure for 4 strokes. Add stabil to your fuel tank, do a good flsuh, as you should after each ride anyway. Take your battery out and keep it on a tender or install an in-ski tender.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Perfect! That's exactly what I needed to know.

I also heard that's it's a good idea to change the oil & filter prior to storing the ski for the winter. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

I always change in the spring, but it really doesn't matter.

Comment

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, so I apologize in advance if I'm breaking any protocal.

I have a 2005 Yamaha VX110 Wave Runner. There are several post regarding winterizing this unit but am still not clear on the issue.

I live in cold weather and don't believe all I need to do is fog the engine and change the oil. I would think the engine still has water in it which needs to be drained or antifreeze poured into it to displace the water.

If I take the cap off of the flush line, I see water in there which I would think need to come out.

Any comments please!

Thanks in advance.

Comment

No, all the water does not need to come out. Revving the engine a couple times before shutting it off displaces more than enough. Only some Sea-Doos hold enough water to be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Technical Support View Post
              There's no special procedure for 4 strokes. Add stabil to your fuel tank, do a good flsuh, as you should after each ride anyway. Take your battery out and keep it on a tender or install an in-ski tender.

So does this mean you dont have to fog the motor???

Comment

The manual on my 07 FX HO Cruiser states to spray fogging oil in each air intake for 3 seconds. Then run the engine for 15 seconds. I bought the Yamaha fogging oil, but if I had trouble finding it, I would have got some from the auto place. I would think that would be a good idea for any 4 four stroke engine that will not be used for 4 to 5 months....

Joe ;-)

Comment

Joe , you have brought up an old post by some one else, Yes fogging oil is a good thing to do and get as much water out of the engine and water box as possible. If you are in a freezing state it is a good idea to run a small amount of antifreeze through the cooling system. Sorry about any confusion on any old posts on this topic. Tom SBT tech.

Comment

I am in a freezing state ( Texas ), but am not sure how to get antifreeze into the engine and what type to use. (possibly RV antifreeze that is safe for the environment)

Comment

RV antifreeze is fine, locate your flush kit hose and add it in through there or You may have to remove the flush kit hose and use a funnel to add it in. Remember to run the engine as you add it in.

Comment

I just connected a tube up to the Water flush and blew air. Works great never had a problem in Maryland.

Comment

Working...
                        X