Kawasaki 440 not starting, solinoid clicking noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kawasaki 440 not starting, solinoid clicking noise

My 1987 440 jet ski was turning over slow, so I decided to replace the starter. Originally it had a Goki starter. I replaced with stock one. Then it turned over fine, but when I tested the starting a couple of times, I would get a clicking noise from soliniod and then starter wouldn't turn over. I went ahead and replaced the whole electrical box, only to fine that the result was the same.
    When the soliniod is just clicking and nothing else is happening, is it possibly a bad connection somewhere? Or do I have something else going on?

Re: Kawasaki 440 not starting, solinoid clicking noise

That means low voltage. Either the battery is low or bad, or you have a bad connection somewhere.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I put in new battery that is fully charged. Still have a clicking noise. There is power going to starter. I was moving the electrical box a lttle bit so that I could bolt it down, then all-of-a -sudden it started turning over. I tried it a couple times and it worked. Then I tried a fourth time and it went back to clicking noise. Could this mean that the wiring from magneto to electrical box may be faulty? Looking at wiring diagram, there is not alot to check. Again, the starter, electrical box and battery have been replaced.

Thanks for any help!

Comment

As I already said, a bad connection somewhere - you'll just have to go through all your wires and find it. Start at the battery.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X