sea doo xp engine removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sea doo xp engine removal

I am stuck on step 3.2...I loosened the clamp with the 13mm wrench, but the clamp itself seems frozen to the exhaust pipe. I have tried tapping, prying and spraying with liquid wrench....I'm sure it's something simple. Please help. ED

Re: sea doo xp engine removal

If you are sure you loosened it - use more muscle, there is nothing special about it.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by edwarda
      I am stuck on step 3.2...I loosened the clamp with the 13mm wrench, but the clamp itself seems frozen to the exhaust pipe. I have tried tapping, prying and spraying with liquid wrench....I'm sure it's something simple. Please help. ED
      If that refers to the nut on the exhaust pipe clamp, often I find the threads are stripped and you will need to pry up as you loosen it so the nut actually backs off. ( I do not know what 3.2 refers to ).
      Bill O'Neal <br>
      WCM
      <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

thanks for responding to my query. 3.2 reflects on SBT's 800 Sea Doo removal process. Fortunately "with muscle" i was able to remove that portion of the exhaust system. Don't think that 13mm nut was stripped......backing it off to almost the thread end loosened the clamp enough to allow for removal. Not looking forward to re install once engine is rebuilt....but I've gone this far. ED

Comment

Originally posted by edwarda
          thanks for responding to my query. 3.2 reflects on SBT's 800 Sea Doo removal process. Fortunately "with muscle" i was able to remove that portion of the exhaust system. Don't think that 13mm nut was stripped......backing it off to almost the thread end loosened the clamp enough to allow for removal. Not looking forward to re install once engine is rebuilt....but I've gone this far. ED
          Personally, I do not split the pipe at all if unnecessary. It just adds time to the job of replacing the motor.
          Bill O'Neal <br>
          WCM
          <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Working...
          X