'90 650SX water in the cylinders!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '90 650SX water in the cylinders!!!

Hey there from NZ. Joined just now to ask help!! Its nearly summer here and I have acquired a jet ski to use. It hasnt been run in 5 years but is in beautiful condition. I have replaced the battery and proceeded to start it up with the hose attached to the fitting on the head that goes to the exhaust. I turned on the hose and the water filled up the block I thought. I wound the engine over without the plugs and water came out of one of the cylinders!!! I thought maybe I have filled up the exhaust so much water had found its way into the crankcase.. can this happen?? Also what is the pull lever by the exhaust? It looks to drain the crankcase of water??? Surely the design wouldnt let water into the crankcase! Maybe under normal operation, not so much water can enter the exhaust and I should have only had the hose trickling???
    Please help!!! =):beer

Re: '90 650SX water in the cylinders!!!

I suggest you go to www.pwctoday.com and hit the Video Streaming section, then watch the Ride Right series - not only did you flood and most likely ruin your engine due to operator error (you can NOT run hose water with the engine off or you get exactly what you now have), but you may not be able to save it at this point since it's been some time.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Re: '90 650SX water in the cylinders!!!

Yeah get a service manual you caused hydraulic lock. You need to meter the water going in. I see your post is pretty old so I am guessing bad news on the motor. That choke looking thing is to get water our that is correct. If you have any questions email me.
      Originally posted by Technical Support
      I suggest you go to www.pwctoday.com and hit the Video Streaming section, then watch the Ride Right series - not only did you flood and most likely ruin your engine due to operator error (you can NOT run hose water with the engine off or you get exactly what you now have), but you may not be able to save it at this point since it's been some time.

Comment

Working...
      X