98 1100stx cv carb question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98 1100stx cv carb question

I bought this ski with 206hrs on it and a smoked the rear piston looked like it ran real lean (not starved for oil but had a serious lack of fuel while runin WFO) it caused the piston to melt on the exhaust side and spread a ton of aluminum onto the cyl walls. compression was about 75lbs compared to 120 on the other 2 so i pulled the cyl and used muratic acid to get all the aluminum off the cyl, i put a used piston in that hole with new rings and its back to gether now with 120 psi compression as are the others... now they all have good comp i have it runing with some extra oil in the fuel. My question is about the cv carb system...I pulled the carbs apart and all the jets were clean, so i put them back together and the ski started right up. The only thing i find weird is while i have the air box off looking down the throats of all 3 carbs i notice that the FRONT carb vacume valve isnt opening like the rear 2 are. when you rev it up to about 2500+ rpm the rear 2 carbs open up a bit but the front one doesnt move? i pushed it in and out a few times with a screwdriver its no harder to move then the rear 2 so it doesnt seem like its suck or bound up, is this normal? does the ski need a load on it? i have only been running it on the hose...

any help greatly appreciated!:beer
    Kevin

Re: 98 1100stx cv carb question

I suggest rebuilding the carbs and going through the whole fuel system. Parts are available through your local dealer.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X