750 running backwards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 750 running backwards

I bought a 1997 kawasaki 750 ss last year. The previous owner had replaced the engine with an sbt, it had approxamately 15 hours when I bought it. The jet ski ran perfectly for about a week then it would run backward when letting go of the accellerator at full speed then trying to accellerate again, or when idleing after it was warmed up it would be running fine then all of a sudden it would begin to run backwards. I have been told it could be a timing problem or that the carbs are running too rich and unused gas is being ignited in the exhaust. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: 750 running backwards

You need to take a look at the stator. If it's stock, replace it. If it's aftermarket, it may not be adjusted correctly. What is the current engine compression?
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I haven't checked the compression, with the low number of hours I would assume the compression is good.

Comment

Hours are irrelevant when you have a problem with the equipment. A bad ignition can destroy a zero hour engine in seconds.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X