Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Sea Doo GTX, Wont Start

Hello All,

I am brand new to the forums and need a little help. I have a 2000 Sea Doo GTX that wont start. The battery is pretty new and its stored in a heated garage over the winter. The battery is fully charged, but when I try to turn it over, all that happens is the solenoid sounds like its grinding. I'm not getting any error beeps or anything. I've checked all the cables and fuses and everything looks good.

Is the solenoid out? I also tried to cross the solenoid bolts and got nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: 2000 Sea Doo GTX, Wont Start

Originally posted by Boji
    Hello All,

I am brand new to the forums and need a little help. I have a 2000 Sea Doo GTX that wont start. The battery is pretty new and its stored in a heated garage over the winter. The battery is fully charged, but when I try to turn it over, all that happens is the solenoid sounds like its grinding. I'm not getting any error beeps or anything. I've checked all the cables and fuses and everything looks good.

Is the solenoid out? I also tried to cross the solenoid bolts and got nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Usually when a solenoid makes a grinding sound, it is not getting enough juice from the battery. Just because you charged the battery, does not mean it is delivering any amprege to the solenoid. It could be bad cables, but usually it is a bad battery.
    Of couse it is also possible that the solenoid itself is shot. See what happens when you jump the two big posts on the solenoid.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Bill,

I appreciate the quick response. I tried crossing the two big bolts on the solenoid and get nothing, but the same grinding. Should I just try a different battery?

Comment

Bill,

I appreciate the quick response. I tried crossing the two big bolts on the solenoid and get nothing, but the same grinding. Should I just try a different battery?
        Yes that is always a good idea to do first. But if you jumped the solenoid, why would it grind? You bypassed it.
        Bill O'Neal <br>
        WCM

Comment

Bill,

My mistake, it did not grind, it didnt do anthing. I tried it again and I heard 1 beep and that was all. This only happened 1 time, not the rest of the times.

Comment

Anymore suggestions?

Comment

Anymore suggestions?
              Yes, buy a new starter motor and install it.

When you jump the lugs on the solenoid and nothing happens, you either have a broken grounding cable or a bad starter motor.
              Bill O'Neal <br>
              WCM

Comment

Working...
              X