1999 seadoo gtx problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 seadoo gtx problem

hi got a 951 it was playing up so i took it to get fixed no luck yet it was not running right and not revving out, the mechanic put a carby kit in both carbys it was no better then he cleaned out the rave valves the black things with the red plastic insert not sure what there called sorry and he turned the bottom screws on the carby out 1.5 turns as it says on your website now the idle is fine the trnsition is not right its like a flat spot between 3500 4500 revs after this transition period its fine although still only revving to 6000 revs with stock impellor it is kind of like a flat spot or a powerband on a motorbike but really dead in midrange any ideas i think its the adjustment of the rave valve
    thanks
    Last edited by hzoskiers2001; 02-26-2007, 08:00 AM.

Re: 1999 seadoo gtx problem

Originally posted by hzoskiers2001
    hi got a 951 it was playing up so i took it to get fixed no luck yet it was not running right and not revving out, the mechanic put a carby kit in both carbys it was no better then he cleaned out the rave valves the black things with the red plastic insert not sure what there called sorry and he turned the bottom screws on the carby out 1.5 turns as it says on your website now the idle is fine the trnsition is not right its like a flat spot between 3500 4500 revs after this transition period its fine although still only revving to 6000 revs with stock impellor it is kind of like a flat spot or a powerband on a motorbike but really dead in midrange any ideas i think its the adjustment of the rave valve
    thanks

You probably need to fix or replace the water regulator on top of the muffler.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

hi checked the rave on the muffler like bill said seems ok found what looks like a vaccuum line coming of the carby hard to tell not connected to anything have looked on forum is there a link to show where the vaccuum lines go please
      Last edited by hzoskiers2001; 02-28-2007, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hzoskiers2001
        hi checked the rave on the muffler like bill said seems ok found what looks like a vaccuum line coming of the carby hard to tell not connected to anything have looked on forum is there a link to show where the vaccuum lines go please
        There are no vacume lines on Sea Doo '99 GTX carbs.

I might be able to tell you where the lline goes if I knew what line you are talking about.

The only lines connected to the carbs are the fuel lines and the accelerator pump lines and one pulse line.
        Bill O'Neal <br>
        WCM

Comment

hi its the small pipe the pulse line

Comment

Then it goes on the carbureator that has the fuel pump. Put it onto the fitting on the end of the fuel pump carb that says "pulse". It is the one in the middle of the fuel pump cover.
            Bill O'Neal <br>
            WCM

Comment

Working...
            X