sea doo explorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sea doo explorer

Hello, I need some help on a sea doo electrical problem. I have a 1995 sea doo explorer jet boat with a 657cc motor. Motor blew up and ruined everything from crank to stator. The 1995 657 has the newer four prong square plug on the mag cover that plugs into electrical box. My problem is that I came across a 1994 xp with the 657X motor and tried to run it in the jet boat, but the wire harness for the motor has the old style 5 wire system that plugs into the electrial box. All wires are the same except one white wire. After not being able to start I pulled motor and reconnected it to the xp electrical box and it fired up. Ok bottom line, can I connect the white wire that is on the 657X motor to any of the other four wires on my 657 harness? What is the difference and am I going to have to find a stator for the 657X motor that is compatible with my current electrical box. Thanks in advance.

Re: sea doo explorer

Originally posted by sea dozer
    Hello, I need some help on a sea doo electrical problem. I have a 1995 sea doo explorer jet boat with a 657cc motor. Motor blew up and ruined everything from crank to stator. The 1995 657 has the newer four prong square plug on the mag cover that plugs into electrical box. My problem is that I came across a 1994 xp with the 657X motor and tried to run it in the jet boat, but the wire harness for the motor has the old style 5 wire system that plugs into the electrial box. All wires are the same except one white wire. After not being able to start I pulled motor and reconnected it to the xp electrical box and it fired up. Ok bottom line, can I connect the white wire that is on the 657X motor to any of the other four wires on my 657 harness? What is the difference and am I going to have to find a stator for the 657X motor that is compatible with my current electrical box. Thanks in advance.
    No you cannot. You will need to get an electrical box from another 1994 XP, or you can buy a stator and flywheel from any Sea Doo engine that has a 4 wire stator and use it with your explorer electrical box.

A 4 wire stator must be used with the proper magneto flywheel that came on a motor with a 4 wire stator, same thing goes if the motor has a 5 wire stator, you must use the flywheel from the five wire motor. The grey electrical boxes house an MPEM that must be the proper MPEM for the two different stators. So you need a 4 wire stator and magneto to use with your electrical box, or you will need to get an electrical box from a SD with a 5 wire stator, like the one used on the 1994XP.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Working...
    X