GSX intake /exhaust mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSX intake /exhaust mods

Guys I had two questions regarding the intake and the exhaust on my 97 gsx if I were to remove the lid on the intake so that the metallic screen is exposed to the area in the hull will it improve intake into the engine? Are there any chances the engine can lean out and blow up ? Also if the muffler is removed does that provide any power gains or just loud noise? Right now it runs 62 mph digital and 55 mph gps (actual speed) Are there any relatively low cost mods that can be done to this model to improve speed?

Re: GSX intake /exhaust mods

Originally posted by Rconce01
    Guys I had two questions regarding the intake and the exhaust on my 97 gsx if I were to remove the lid on the intake so that the metallic screen is exposed to the area in the hull will it improve intake into the engine? Are there any chances the engine can lean out and blow up ? Also if the muffler is removed does that provide any power gains or just loud noise? Right now it runs 62 mph digital and 55 mph gps (actual speed) Are there any relatively low cost mods that can be done to this model to improve speed?
    that is a very stupid thing to do to remove te top of the airbox. It will allow water a direct shot into your engine. If you remove the muffler, you will do two things. You will alienate the people at the lake and you will make the ski go slower. As a two stroke PWC tuned exhaust system needs some backpressure and is designed to have backpressure in the exhaust, that too is a very dumb thing to do.

If you want to build some power and speed, there are many good ways of doing this. Neither of the above are good ideas.

You can buy aftermarket filters and a rejetting kit to protect the motor from running to lean, and you can buy an aftermarrket exhaust and rev limiter so the motor can turn the impellor faster and the boat will go faster.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Re: GSX intake /exhaust mods

Ok well thanks forclearing that up, where can I get that rev limiter and the jetting kitt? As it is right now I am turing almost 6700rpms at 55mph gps, these engines turn faster than this?

Originally posted by Bill O'Neal2
      that is a very stupid thing to do to remove te top of the airbox. It will allow water a direct shot into your engine. If you remove the muffler, you will do two things. You will alienate the people at the lake and you will make the ski go slower. As a two stroke PWC tuned exhaust system needs some backpressure and is designed to have backpressure in the exhaust, that too is a very dumb thing to do.

If you want to build some power and speed, there are many good ways of doing this. Neither of the above are good ideas.

You can buy aftermarket filters and a rejetting kit to protect the motor from running to lean, and you can buy an aftermarrket exhaust and rev limiter so the motor can turn the impellor faster and the boat will go faster.

Comment

Working...
      X