1997 Tigershark - no compression on front cyl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 Tigershark - no compression on front cyl

I was given a 1997 TS770 Tigershark. The previous owner said it just stopped running properly one day on his way back to the dock.

It appeared to want to start and if I held the starter down it actually sounded like it was running but wouldn't fire up completely.

Compression: I have 0# in the front and 120# in the rear. What does this tell me? Head gasket? Blown piston?

What is this thing worth running? I have nothing invested at this point so i can afford to spend a little bit.

Thanks for your help.

Re: 1997 Tigershark - no compression on front cyl

You have either a leaking/bad head o ring or bad piston rings, both of which can be bought at alpha-sports.com if you want to just replace those pieces or you can do a top end rebuild but suggest doing both cylinders since different pistons will probably be included. Not that hard to do inside the ski if you are good at wrenching. E bay has decent prices on rebuild kits, check JK Jetski and ATV Parts on e bay.
    98 TS1000R and 99 TS770, stock

Comment

Re: 1997 Tigershark - no compression on front cyl

broken crank or a hole in your cylinder take the head off and look to see if the piston is moving or if it has a hole

Comment

Working...
      X