Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 waveraider 1100 engine swap

Bryan or glen,
    im sure one of you will be able to help me out. i have a 1996 yamaha waveraider 1100 and i want to drop a 1997 gp1200 engine into it. what are the differences between the waveraider 1100 engine and the 97 gp 1200 engine? they look exactly the same. is it just the bore of the cylinders or the stroke? what modifications would i need to make to drop a 1200 engine into my waveraider? if there isnt too much that i need to change i will probablly attempt this during the winter. thanks for your help

The 1200 engine has a larger bore and 3 pulse fittings while the 1100 has 1 pulse fitting. I believe the timing, flywheel, exhaust and carbs are different on the 1200.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

thanks for the help. If i droped a 1200 engine in my machine would it fit? Also would i have to change all the electronics? i found a set of cylinders off a 1200 that have been bored for $125.00. Would this be a good idea to buy and put on mine?

Comment

Everything but the exhaust needs to be pulled over.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

The GP1200 has a different timing curve for each cylinder. On the 1100 they are all the same

Comment

well it seems like i just have to keep my stock motor. I want to make it faster still. what are some of your suggestions? I blew the connecting rod on my engine. What would be the best route to take to repair my motor and get more speed out of it?

Comment

Well my opinion would be, to start out with a fresh 1100, then do the mods on a fresh engine, the yami 1100 is one of the best engines made by yami, and most will not disagree. It is a very reliable motor and very simple to work on. No doubt more cc's mean more speed, but getting from point A to point B is more important. Build it yourself and take the time to learn the ski, in's and out's then when it breaks. you will know how to fix it........

Comment

Working...
              X