200 gtx starting problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200 gtx starting problem

I put a new sbt engine in the 2000 gtx last summer and it ran great untill the starter went bad. Starter replaced and ran fine for 3 weeks and then i put stableizer in gas and put in the garage. tryed to get running and the engine turned over fine for a few minutes(not consecutive minutes, maybe 10 seconds at a time). then the engine started to click when I pressed starter. I layed a screwdriver on the starter relay and the engine fired off. I left the seadoo alone for a few days while I bought a new starter relay. Before I installed new relay I tried to start it just to see what would happen and it turned over for a few minutes and the same thing (clicking). I installed new starter relay and now I get nothing (the lanyard does not beep, no clicking , no nothing).I tried to lay the screwdriver across the new starter relay and it turned over fine. Please help I dont know where to go from here. Battery is new and fully charged. Info center has been broken on seadoo since I bought it, maybe that is a problem. For a few seconds, when I would press starter I would heart 2 beeps then nothing, press again 2 beeps and nothing. Lanyard has never worked consistant as far as beeping. Some times it does other times it does not.

Re: 200 gtx starting problem

The lanyard system needs to be working for the ski to start. Get that straightened out first - newe lanyard, post, check your wiring, etc. and go from there.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

charge the battery first......that happens to me when the battery is low... you hit the button..and it goes beep beep....and not start.....ALSO..check the grounds...that will also cause it..

Comment

I went out to mess with the thing again and when i put on the lanyard it chirped and then fired right up . I did this several times and then nothing . that was yesterday. today same thing nothing. do you think this needs a new lanyard and if so where is the best place to buy or is this some thing i must get direct from seadoo

Comment

It's all dealer only, and needs to be programmed too.
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

just got off the phone with seadoo tech at local dealership. he says it sounds like a loose ground . the reason he gave is as follows. the ski ran fine and then the starter went bad. after new starter the ski would cut off at high rpms. it would start back up but it would juststop at high rpm. he thinks that the ground or positive cable to the starter is loose from reinstall and at high rpms the vibration will cut power momentarily. I checked all cables and they feel very tight. I cant figure this out . I am leaving the battery on trickle overnight to see if maybe it is low but im just grabbing at straws now. anyother suggestions are welcome.

Comment

Im not 100% sure where the grounds are on that paticular boat....there on the front of the front cover on my seadoo.... prolly 2 of em......find em and CHECK EM.....usually a bolt holds them in.....and just cause there tight..doesnt mean there good....

good luck to ya

Comment

Working...
              X