kawasaki 1200cc oil in crankcase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kawasaki 1200cc oil in crankcase

I am replacing the engine in 2000 ultra150 for a friend of mine and I know you are supposed to place 200ml of oil in the flywheel chamber, but more oil than that came out of the engine when I removed the starter and intake manifold/reed valves. Is the new engine shipped with the required amount of oil in the (crankcase), or is there a recommended amount to be put in there, or did my friend have to much oil in the engine? Looks like about 1000ml came out.
    Thanks.

Re: kawasaki 1200cc oil in crankcase

There isn't supposed to be oil in the case.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

After further inspection, it looks like the oil is 2 cycle oil in the crankcase. Does this mean a faulty oil pump is pumping to much oil and it is not burning with the gas? Or is it the oil line that goes directly into the top of the crankcase? I suppose the best way to solve this concern with the new engine is to block off the oil pump and pre mix? By the way what kind of oil do you recommend for the oil in the flywheel compartment? thanks

Comment

You can't premix that engine. You need to check all the check valves to make sure they aren't stuck open. Other than that - someone probably dumped the oil in.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X