580 Port Timing (Yellow vs. White)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 580 Port Timing (Yellow vs. White)

I have a '92 580 White engine with bad cylinders, and have two bored/honed cylinders from a '91 Yellow. Can I use these cylinders interchangably?

I measured the port timing on the white vs. yellow and they appear to be very close (from exhaust to top of cylinder is within 0.25 mm and from top of intake to top of cylinder is within 1.0 mm)

Everything else (water jacketing and port locations) is the same.

This will save me sleeving one set of cylinders if I can use the yellows on the white motor.

TIA!

Re: 580 Port Timing (Yellow vs. White)

Originally posted by ehiebert
    I have a '92 580 White engine with bad cylinders, and have two bored/honed cylinders from a '91 Yellow. Can I use these cylinders interchangably?

I measured the port timing on the white vs. yellow and they appear to be very close (from exhaust to top of cylinder is within 0.25 mm and from top of intake to top of cylinder is within 1.0 mm)

Everything else (water jacketing and port locations) is the same.

This will save me sleeving one set of cylinders if I can use the yellows on the white motor.

TIA!
    The water jackets under the exhaust manifolds vary amongst white and yellow clyinders. Are you sure those yellow clyinders have water jackets just underneath the exhaust ports?

The yellow motor gets water in the side of the engine cases, the white motor does not, that is why the exhaust manifold and clyinders on the white motor has those water jackets and the yellow clyinders do not.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Working...
    X