Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 SeaDoo XP Problem

Hey Guys,

I have a 1996 SeaDoo XP and needed some troubleshooting help. I bought it used a couple of weeks ago and took it out to ride. I had to jiggle the lanyard a couple of times for it to "beep" and then start. Ran great all day. Was going to take it out the other day and was going to start it before I went to lake. Put the lanyard on, would beep, but would not start. Did this several times, even tried to "jiggle" it. Still nothing. Now, will not even beep or do anything. Checked battery-ok (bought brand new last week). Checked ground wire-ok. Could it be a bad lanyard or is there something else I need to check before I buy a new one and have the dealer program it.

Thanks

Re: 1996 SeaDoo XP Problem

Originally posted by labguy3333
    Hey Guys,

I have a 1996 SeaDoo XP and needed some troubleshooting help. I bought it used a couple of weeks ago and took it out to ride. I had to jiggle the lanyard a couple of times for it to "beep" and then start. Ran great all day. Was going to take it out the other day and was going to start it before I went to lake. Put the lanyard on, would beep, but would not start. Did this several times, even tried to "jiggle" it. Still nothing. Now, will not even beep or do anything. Checked battery-ok (bought brand new last week). Checked ground wire-ok. Could it be a bad lanyard or is there something else I need to check before I buy a new one and have the dealer program it.

Thanks
    Yes there is something you need to check. Open the coil box and make sure everything is dry and make sure the wire connectors and fuse holder is not corroded. There is a small black wire going from the top of the coil box to the negaitve battery post. If that wire is not making good contact on either end or is corroded inside itself, you will experence these types of problems. Also, lanyards can go bad and need replacing and then reprogramming sometimes.

Your problem seems like it is a bad connection somewhere.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Working...
    X