657x Swap With A 717

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 657x Swap With A 717

I AM TRING TO FIND OUT IF MY 657X ELECTRONICS WILL WORK ON THE 717 THE 657X IS IN A 95 GTX AND THE 717 IS OUT OF A 98 GSX. ALSO DO I HAVE TO CHANGE THE BACK PEACE OF THE EXSHAUST OVER OR CAN I JUST LEAVE THE MAIN PIPE ON THE 717 AND LEAVE THE 657X REAR PORTION IN THE SKI
    I HAVE THE COMPUTER FOR THE 717 BUT TOOK IT DOWN TO SHOP TO GET A LAN MADE AND THERE WAS NO BEEP OR ANYTHING. WHAT COULD CAUSE THAT, THE BATT WAS IS GOOD.

Re: 657x Swap With A 717

Originally posted by TAZZKART
    I AM TRING TO FIND OUT IF MY 657X ELECTRONICS WILL WORK ON THE 717 THE 657X IS IN A 95 GTX AND THE 717 IS OUT OF A 98 GSX. ALSO DO I HAVE TO CHANGE THE BACK PEACE OF THE EXSHAUST OVER OR CAN I JUST LEAVE THE MAIN PIPE ON THE 717 AND LEAVE THE 657X REAR PORTION IN THE SKI
    I HAVE THE COMPUTER FOR THE 717 BUT TOOK IT DOWN TO SHOP TO GET A LAN MADE AND THERE WAS NO BEEP OR ANYTHING. WHAT COULD CAUSE THAT, THE BATT WAS IS GOOD.
    Some 657X motors come with a two coil stator and others come with a single coil stator. All 717's come with a single coil stator. You are in luck because the 1995 GTX has a single coil stator too, so your 717 magneto and stator assembly is basically the same as the 1995 657X engine.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

thanks bill
      i am going to put the 717 engine in the gtx then. can i leave the rear section of the exhaust from the 657x in the boat and use the front 717 on the motor will that work. will there be any performance loss in the ski using the 717, and should i put the twin from the 657x on the 717 or just keep the single carb

Comment

Originally posted by TAZZKART
        thanks bill
        i am going to put the 717 engine in the gtx then. can i leave the rear section of the exhaust from the 657x in the boat and use the front 717 on the motor will that work. will there be any performance loss in the ski using the 717, and should i put the twin from the 657x on the 717 or just keep the single carb
        I'd use the whole 717 pipe.
        Bill O'Neal <br>
        WCM
        <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

ok thanks bill you have been a great help.

Comment

Working...
          X