2002 SeaDoo GTI Not starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 SeaDoo GTI Not starting

When i put the seadoo up for the winter it was running fine. Just took it out of storage today and she cranks over fine but will not start. I removed the spark plugs and cleaned them then connected plug to spark plug wire and held the plug against the engine and cranked the engine. I could not see a spark jump the gap.
    Is there anything I can check to determine why I'm not getting a spark at the plug.
    Thanks in advance

Re: 2002 SeaDoo GTI Not starting

Well, today after charging the battery all night with a slow charger. It still wouldn't start. So i again pulled the plug and tested it for spark and lo and behold i had spark across the electrode. So I decided to put a heavy duty charger on the battery. After a bit She started up with a lot of oil showing up on the water. I just hope she dont give out on me while I'm out on the lake.

Comment

A charger doesn't tell you if the battery is good. Read the voltage with a multimeter sitting and while cranking.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I bet you will be sorry after you get stranded on the lake that you did not replace that old battery.........
        Bill O'Neal <br>
        WCM
        <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Maybe we'll never know - he's probably floating around right now hoping for a wind ;)
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Technical Support
            Maybe we'll never know - he's probably floating around right now hoping for a wind ;)
            I've heard Cuba is nice this time of year.
            Bill O'Neal <br>
            WCM
            <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Never made it to Cuba. I'm on a lake. LOL and this battery is only a year old Yuasa ytx20hl-bs-pw.

My problem now is it take 30 seconds of cranking to start after the sea-doo has been sitting a few days. I guess gas has drained out of the carb and is taking time to fill up again. I was wondering if it would be possible to put one of those gas pump bulbs like my old Kawasaki had in the fuel line, to fill the carb with gas?

Comment

When you store it in the winter take the battery out and charge it often, it also might not be a bad idea to clean the carbs and go over everything and make sure it does not need any maintenance on them. I have found on the sea-doos a hour worth of maintenace here and there saves you when the summer rolls around.

Also change the spark plugs.

Comment

Working...
                X