1200XLT '03 - Wont strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1200XLT '03 - Wont strat

Hey guys I had a quick search but could't find anything to help.

A mates ski was not running well so I offered to have a look, I am abit more knowledgeable on these things than he.. Its a 2003 1200 XLT, the issue was determined to be a dead plug, no biggy, compression 110psi on all three (cold), BUT while I was at it he asked me to fit an inline hand fuel pump to help initial starts.... Damb it.... Well after fitting it just infront of the fuel filter, now it wont start. Turns over fine and spark is also fine but there is a noticable lack of fuel on the plugs after attempting to start it..

hence I think its dry... simple you say... I have removed the pump back to stock but it still will not fire, and there is still no fuel in the cyclinders... have I upset something that is now stopping fuel from being fired into the engine or what?

Any ideas would be greatfully appreciated...

Regards,

Stirlo

Re: 1200XLT '03 - Wont strat

Originally posted by stirlo
    Hey guys I had a quick search but could't find anything to help.

A mates ski was not running well so I offered to have a look, I am abit more knowledgeable on these things than he.. Its a 2003 1200 XLT, the issue was determined to be a dead plug, no biggy, compression 110psi on all three (cold), BUT while I was at it he asked me to fit an inline hand fuel pump to help initial starts.... Damb it.... Well after fitting it just infront of the fuel filter, now it wont start. Turns over fine and spark is also fine but there is a noticable lack of fuel on the plugs after attempting to start it..

hence I think its dry... simple you say... I have removed the pump back to stock but it still will not fire, and there is still no fuel in the cyclinders... have I upset something that is now stopping fuel from being fired into the engine or what?

Any ideas would be greatfully appreciated...

Regards,

Stirlo
    Issue resolved,
    a little premix in the cylinders and she all going....

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
    X