Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

99 SeaDoo GTI Starting Problems (Electrical)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99 SeaDoo GTI Starting Problems (Electrical)

I am having a problem blowing fuses in my ski. I have traced it to a connection above the flywheel but have no idea what this connection is for or going to. As soon as this connection is made the fuse pops. Any suggestions:

Re: 99 SeaDoo GTI Starting Problems (Electrical)

I sent you an email because you emailed me with this question. Now, I will answer this question out here in public [ again ].

Fix or replace the stator/magneto in the front housing on your engine.

There is no reason for you to ask me this question twice, which requires I answer it twice. I have alot of questions that need answering each day and duplicate questions do not help. In the future, please use this forum or better yet, the Sea Doo forum at PWCTODAY.com for your questions.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Sorry for the double message.

Is there any chance it could be the MPEM? Not familiar with the stator/magneto, do you have a picture?

Comment

Originally posted by Rtmoney34
        Sorry for the double message.

Is there any chance it could be the MPEM? Not familiar with the stator/magneto, do you have a picture?
        There is always a chance, but because you say it blows the fuse when you connect up the magneto, that is where I would look first. MPEM's are not cheap, and you cannot test it.

Here is a typical senerio for a problem like yours. Water somehow flooded the hull and soaked into the magneto housing ( it happens alot ). That rusts up the magneto flywheel corroding the metal behind the magnets pushing them away from the flywheel where they drag on the stator coils as they whirl around the coils at up to 7000 rpm until the magneto and stator are trashed out. Once they short out, each time you replace the fuse, then plug in the magneto connector, it blows the fuse......... Does that sound like something that may have happened to your pwc?

Anyway, the charging system and stator can be tested, whereas the mpem is not so easily tested. The only true test of the MPEM is to install a new MPEM and see what happens.
        Bill O'Neal <br>
        WCM
        <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Working...
        X