Kawasaki 750 Engine Bogs Down & No Spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kawasaki 750 Engine Bogs Down & No Spark

My son has a 1994 Kawasaki 750 SS. Originally, the engine would seem to bog down at around 4000 rpm. Engine wouldn't rev past 4000 except a few times that it would rev up to the normal range. A no spark condition has followed the bogging problem, so now I can't start the engine. I have a digital multi-meter and the service manual so I plan to check all the electronic components. I read in some other no-spark posts that the stator can be bad also. Also, the engine was rebuilt 2 years ago and ran good until last season. The engine only has about 5 hours on it. The ski hasn't been used much. I've considered that maybe the bottom end might be sucking air, maybe causing the bog?
    Any advice what may have casued the bog and or the no spark condition?

Re: Kawasaki 750 Engine Bogs Down & No Spark

Try buying new spark plug boots. When you install them cut the spark plug wires back as much as you can, but still have them reach the plugs. I went though this same problem. The wires break down at the boots, where they screw in to the wires. Look at the inside of the wires to make sure you see conductors. NGK makes new boots that screw into the wires.

Let us know if this helps

Comment

I have a 98 Kawasaki 750 STX and now it seems I have lost spark. It ran fine until one day it would'nt start after riding it all day. Is it OK to check the spark plug by taking it out of the head and laying on the motor and cranking the motor over? And also I noticed a black powder substance inside my spark plug boot. Not much but a little bit, I just wondered what cause's it? I put new plugs in and it still wont start. So maybe it could be just the spark plug boot? I checked the fuse and it's fine. Can somebody help me? KTM36

Comment

Try buying new spark plug boots anc cutting back the cables till you get new wire. You can check the sparks by laying the plugs on the head, just make sure they are grounded well.

Let us know how it goes.

Comment

Working...
        X