Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 XP Start/Stop Issues ....need help

Hi!

Im having a problem with my 95 Xp 720 that i have just picked up few days ago..First of all its a fresh water ski ..Vts is not working , also the tach is not working and my question is could that be related to start/stop switch...here is what happens ...when i push the start without the lanyard in info gauge lighs up , vts goes all the way up ....no beeps or anything ...when i put the lanyard in it just starts carnking till it starts and i cant stop it with the switch i have to pull the lanyard....if i put the lanyard first nothing comes on untill i push the start button all i have to do i just tuch the start and it will carnk till it starts but still wont shut off unless i pull the cord no beeps nothing ..could someone explain to me how it should work and what the problem could be ....start/stop switch ..or vts causing problems ...im getting signal to the vts module but the vts motor is not turning over ( motor is fine i have checked it )all i hear is a click in the vts box ....im new to sea doo's dont have the manual yet ...and need help to get this up and running right

i have disconnected the vts ...still the same... also i have noticed that when i plug the lanyard and hit the start button it will just keep cranking even with my finger off the start button ...if i press and hold the start button it will stop cranking if i let go its cranking again.... till i pull the lanyard i do get one beep sometimes after pressing the button but most of the time no beeps ..cant figure out what it could be ..if someone could guide me how to troubleshoot this it would be great....

any help really appreciated

thanks

Re: 95 XP Start/Stop Issues ....need help

It needs a new starter solenoid. The one you have is sticking.

Originally posted by doman
    Hi!

Im having a problem with my 95 Xp 720 that i have just picked up few days ago..First of all its a fresh water ski ..Vts is not working , also the tach is not working and my question is could that be related to start/stop switch...here is what happens ...when i push the start without the lanyard in info gauge lighs up , vts goes all the way up ....no beeps or anything ...when i put the lanyard in it just starts carnking till it starts and i cant stop it with the switch i have to pull the lanyard....if i put the lanyard first nothing comes on untill i push the start button all i have to do i just tuch the start and it will carnk till it starts but still wont shut off unless i pull the cord no beeps nothing ..could someone explain to me how it should work and what the problem could be ....start/stop switch ..or vts causing problems ...im getting signal to the vts module but the vts motor is not turning over ( motor is fine i have checked it )all i hear is a click in the vts box ....im new to sea doo's dont have the manual yet ...and need help to get this up and running right

i have disconnected the vts ...still the same... also i have noticed that when i plug the lanyard and hit the start button it will just keep cranking even with my finger off the start button ...if i press and hold the start button it will stop cranking if i let go its cranking again.... till i pull the lanyard i do get one beep sometimes after pressing the button but most of the time no beeps ..cant figure out what it could be ..if someone could guide me how to troubleshoot this it would be great....

any help really appreciated

thanks
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Working...
    X