1996 Seadoo will not turn over???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 Seadoo will not turn over???

I have a 96 Seadoo xp that will not turn over unless I remove the spark plugs. Also when it turns over it sprays gas/oil out of the cylinders. I cleanded the carbs out but the seadoo has not been started for about 2 years. Any ideas of how to fix this problem????

Re: 1996 Seadoo will not turn over???

I've read that this sometimes happens when your starter is going. When the plugs are in there is a ton of pressure so it is much harder to turn over.

Put just one plug in and see if it has enough power to turn over. Either way it sounds like the starter is weak or on its way out.

Be sure your battery is fully charged too.

Originally posted by Gsmidkiff
    I have a 96 Seadoo xp that will not turn over unless I remove the spark plugs. Also when it turns over it sprays gas/oil out of the cylinders. I cleanded the carbs out but the seadoo has not been started for about 2 years. Any ideas of how to fix this problem????

Comment

Is it possible for the oil pump to get stuck open?? It seems it's dumping way to much oil in the cylinders..

Comment

You need a new crank, your inner seals are gone.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Is it a lot of work to replace the seals? And there's nothing else it could be? It seems the jets under the carbs are spraying a lot of oil, one alot more than the other. I dont know anything about these things, so i'm not sure if that's right.

Comment

They are not replaceable, they are part of the crank. As I said you need a new crank.

Comment

I called a local shop for replacement, it seems the price they gave me was high. ($2000) Would it be cheaper to replace the motor?? Or should I call around some more??

Comment

LOL Keep calling! Our price on the crank is $275, it requires pulling the motor and rebuilding it - I would expect a billing of about 10 hours time. Assuming $90/hr. it's around $1200. Add a little more if they are using a new OEM crank, so maybe $1400.

Or buy a Service manual and some tools, and do it yourself for a few hundred.

Comment

Yeah he told me for a reman crank it was 1500 and 500 for labor. But he said you need a press to install the new crank?

Comment

I think you misunderstood - it takes a press to build a crank, not install it - unless he just fed you a line...either way he's very high.

Comment

God !
                      I get $1850.00 to replace the whole friggen motor ! $2000 for just a crankshaft?

His price for an OEM reman crankshaft is about $290.00 directly from Sea Doo if he is a Sea Doo dealership.........
                      Bill O'Neal <br>
                      WCM
                      <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Working...
                      X