pto removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pto removal

How can I remove the pto from my 98 gsx limited with out the seadoo pto removal tool? Will a pipe wrench work? I have read about heating the pto with a torch. Is this the right procedure? Also I'm confused about the six allen bolts. Will just the center of the pto come off first? or does the whole pto spin off? If the last is true then whats with the six allen bolts?

Re: pto removal

The install guide covers all of it. Remove the allens, tap the rear section off. Remove the center bolt then use a flywheel puller on the other part.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Technical Support
      The install guide covers all of it. Remove the allens, tap the rear section off. Remove the center bolt then use a flywheel puller on the other part.
      The install guide shows a differant pto than what I have on my engine. It does not say that it is a 2 part design. It also should mention that it can be difficult to take off. And that you may need to use a hammer to knock it loose.

Comment

The tip type is irrelavent, the procedure is the same and it's shown correctly as a two part coupler. 951 Guide, pages 6 & 7. http://www.sbtontheweb.com/guides.htm
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X