Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ported engines

Bryan,

Do the returned engine cores have to be of stock porting. The reason I ask is that I'm looking to rebuild an old superjet but the cylinders have had some work.

Yes, your core must have the stock port timing. If it was just a clean-up job, not altering the actual port shape, that is alright.

Comment

Bryan,

Just a suggestion to think about for you and Greg. For folks with a ported cylinder who are wanting a rebuild is it possible for them to send in their core for a rebuild with the understanding that there will be no warrenty or a reduced warrenty. This way they still get a rebuild at an excellant price but the penalty is having to wait to have it rebuilt.

Dave
      (My shirt size is medium.)
      David B. Thomas<br />Blew-By-You PWC Services<br />93-A Pine Burr Rd<br />Lumberton, MS 39455

Comment

Unfortunately, that is not possible, given that we run an assembly line factory. We do get frequent requests for special or high-performance builds. This would require the engine to be hand walked through each stage of the processes. That would not be time or cost effective for us, given that we built over 5000 engines last year, and are projecting over 7500 this year, working double shifts as it is.

Comment

Can you resleeve cylinders? I have 2 Yamaha 61X cylinder blocks that need resleeving. Both cylinders are ported and polished. I would like to have 62T sleeves installed.

Comment

Unfotunately, we only run our assembly line, and do not accept individual part work requests. Unlike a typcial small shop, we cannot interject non-production work into our regualar production line schedule.

I can recommend Bill O'Niel to you, of Watercraft Magic and I know he would do a first-rate job at the most reasonable cost. Just tell him we sent you

Comment

Working...
            X