'94 GTX rotary valve caplooie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '94 GTX rotary valve caplooie

I purchased an obvioulsy used 1994 GTX from a guy locally for a rather low price. The guy said he was told the carbs need adjusting but he was selling all his toys (which he was).

As it turns out the rotary valve is shot from what I was told by Simonars in Luxemburg WI. They also said the bottom end was replaced with after market junk.

I am not too upset since I got it for a rather good price and I don't mind rebuilding it since I ride across the bay of Green Bay and will be happy with the peace of mind of a new engine.

So, I am going to tear it apart and do as much as I can myself as I am mechanically enclined and have built engine before. I had a 94 GTX a few years ago and but new pistons and rings in myself and also fabricated a few things to pull the jet drive apart and replace the shaft. So, I know I can do it and Simonars said they would gladly pic up where I leave off.

What I would like is if you guys here could help me again with another 94 GTX and guide me as to where to get the parts. The last 94 I got the parts from a guy a knew but he does not work at the seadoo dealer any more :( (we traded for some chiptuning and intake goodies for his VW :) ).

I want this GTX to be reliable so I only want to buy Rotax parts. I will begin taking it apart this weekend and will post pics as I go. I do not know how extensive the damage is at this point so I cannot give any more info until I get the block out.

Thank you in advance for any advice and tips given.
    garrett P.

Re: '94 GTX rotary valve caplooie

Well, before I went to pick the ski up I noticed that a rebuilt from SBT is rather inexpensive.

When I picked the ski up the guy there showed me what was wrong and explained that is a rebuilt off brand engine. And then he showed me the SBT logo on the side.

So.... Will SBT give me a deal on a blown SBT rebuild for an SBT rebuilt :D

The rotary vale shaft is froze. I have not taken the engine apart yet to see if there is other damage yet or not :( Dang sleep. Dang work for getting in the way of my life :)

Comment

LOL sorry, no special deals :)
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

well, I tried :)

The piston and walls look fine. The rear piston was replaced and the head has several marks (found a nice looking head on ebay :)).

I will have to take pics and post them on here tomorrow so I know what pistons are what. The rear piston I belive was replaced and it has several numbers on it dot-scribed. The front piston simply has 1.00 on it.

Will take more apart tomorrow. should have been in bed hours ago lol.

Comment

The front is a 1mm oversize. If the other does not have a size marking you will need to measure it.
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I will measure it and take pics like a tourist.

Will a '95 gas tank work in my '94?

thanks,
            bored at work.

Comment

Working...
            X